Child Benefit Tax On High Earners

By: | Tags: | Comments: 0 | October 7th, 2013

If you or your partner has a personal income of more than £50,000 and one of you receives Child Benefit, then you will be liable to this new charge. If your income is in excess of £60,000, then the charge is equal to 100% of the amount of the Child Benefit received. A sliding scale is applied on income between £50,000 and £60,000. If you are self-employed, then the

charge will be applied through self-assessment. If you are employed, then your tax code will be altered accordingly, so that you pay the charge monthly throughout the year. Please liaise with your accountant.